BlueScope Distribution Portland
Steel and aluminium supplies Portland
BlueScope Distribution Portland distribute BlueScope manufactured sheet & coil steel and steel plate products. Our team are dedicated to working with our customers to discover mutually-beneficial findings that deliver added value, and are keen to work with your business today.
As part of BlueScope, Australia’s largest flat steel products manufacturer, BlueScope Distribution Portland are proud to distribute BlueScope manufactured products such as steel plate and sheet and coil products. Our team also have access to a large range of tubular steel products, manufactured in Australia by Orrcon Steel.
The Portland team can also supply a wide range of aluminium products for many applications such as marine and transport, structural sections for your building needs, LYSAGHT® building products for your home improvement projects, and farming products for livestock handling.
We work with our valued customers to discover areas where we can deliver added-value, project management and processing services, to complement our steel and aluminium products. BlueScope Distribution Portland stock high-quality steel and aluminium products and our team at Portland take pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and project management.
Farmers can chat to our Portland team to discuss your farm and livestock handling needs. We have a range of Metalcorp cattle handing, sheep handling and horse management systems from the Metalcorp products range, as well as farm fencing including pickets, wire and posts.
Our friendly team work to respond rapidly to our customer requirements and can adjust to meet alterations in your business requirements, such as altering schedules and deliveries to avoid missing critical deadlines. As part of BlueScope, BlueScope Distribution Portland are steel suppliers who have the systems to explore producing specialised steel grades outside typical products. We can offer third-party certification options as well as non-standard test requirements.
Our core steel product range includes BlueScope manufactured steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel & TRU-SPEC® steel, as well as sheet and coil products COLORBOND® steel, ZINCALUME® steel, TRUECORE® steel and GALVABOND® steel. Talk to us today about your steel and aluminium needs, we can supply aluminium coil, aluminium plate, aluminium treadplate, aluminium sheet, aluminium extrusions, quenched and tempered steel plate, boiler plate, structural steel, merchant bar including steel angle, flat bar, round bar, tube and pipe steel products, reinforcing mesh, universal beams, universal columns, welded beams, LYSAGHT® products, steel fencing, steel roofing and rainwater goods, livestock handling products and farm fencing.
Our Product Range
- Steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel & TRU-SPEC® steel, boiler plate, floorplate, coil plate
- Quenched and tempered steel plate (Q&T plate) such as BISALLOY®
- Sheet & coil steel products COLORBOND® steel, TRUECORE® steel, GALVABOND® steel and ZINCALUME® steel
- Aluminium plate and treadplate, aluminium sheet, aluminium coil and aluminium extrusion
- Welded beams and columns, structural steel
- Orrcon Steel tube steel products
- Universal beams, universal columns, steel channel
- Steel angle, flat bar, merchant bar, round bar
- Steel pipe and tubular products both painted and galvanised. Rectangular hollow section (RHS), circular hollow section (CHS), square hollow section (SHS)
- Reinforcing mesh and accessories
- Home improvement products such as LYSAGHT LIVING®, LYSAGHT® Patio Post, LYSAGHT FLATDEK®, LYSAGHT CUSTOM ORB®, LYSAGHT TRIMDEK®, LYSAGHT NEETASCREEN®
- Metalcorp Steel stock handling equipment including Metalcorp SHEEPMASTER®, Metalcorp FLOCKMASTER®, Metalcorp CATTLEMASTER®, Metalcorp STUDMASTER®, Metalcorp STOCKMASTER®, Metalcorp HORSEKING®, cattle yards, cattle crushes, headbails, sheep yards, sheep ramps, knockdown ramps, cattle ramps, races, gates, vertical brace gates, gate-in-frames, cattle grids, calf handling equipment, cattle feeders, tombstone feeders, round bale feeders, hay racks, rotary force. Farm fencing including plain wire, barb wire, fence posts and pickets, mesh gates, vertical brace farm gates.
BlueScope Distribution Portland Aluminium
Aluminium is commonly used in varied applications such as infrastructure, engineering and construction, mining, oil and gas, general manufacturing, transport, marine and automotive, and farming and agriculture, to name a few.
Aluminium is a choice material for many applications as it offers high strength levels for a fraction of the weight. Aluminium also offers excellent corrosion resistance and superior malleability, as well as excellent thermal performance. It is preferred over other types of metal because it offers design flexibility with a vast range of possibilities. When sourcing aluminium in Portand, choose BlueScope Distribution.
BlueScope Distribution is a division of BlueScope, Australia’s largest flat steel products manufacturer. We are also able to offer a range of aluminium products, including geometric and customer exclusive extrusions, sheet and coil products, tread plate and plate in a range of alloys and tempers.
At BlueScope Distribution Portland, we listen to our aluminium customers to ensure we produce the materials they need, when they need them. Our comprehensive services don’t end with selling an aluminium product, we also provide comprehensive project management support for all of our customers’ projects if needed. We closely collaborate with our customers to ensure that the requirements of such projects are satisfied in a timely manner to eliminate costly delays.
At BlueScope Distribution Portland, our aluminium customers can enjoy an array of value added processing services for their rolled aluminium products, including cut coil to length, slitting, painting, anodising, turret punching, perforating, and guillotining. This helps to streamline projects and enables our customers to improve efficiencies to save time and money.
BlueScope Distribution is a holder of ISO 9001 Quality Management System Accreditation. We are committed to delivering high quality service and products that you won’t find anywhere else. Call us today to learn how you can benefit from our range of services.
Our BlueScope Distribution Portland team offers a range of value-add steel and aluminium processing services, to deliver the products you need in the form you need them. Our steel processing capabilities cover a wide range of products, including sheet and coil, plate and structural products. We also offer processing services to suit our aluminium products.
Our processing service range enables us to deliver custom cut and processed steel and aluminium solutions, which our customers then transform into many end-user products.
- Slitting and recoiling for steel coils
- Shearing for steel sheets
- Plasma cutting services
- Oxy cutting services
- Bevel, drilling & etching
- Aluminium routing
- Structural and long products processing
- Kitting services
At BlueScope Distribution Portland, we work closely with our valued customers and provide personalised service. We can provide technical resources and project management options, and work to be your steel supply and aluminium supply partner by providing the service and product expertise to deliver your project, on time, and on budget.
The additional services that we provide are what sets us apart from other Townsville steel suppliers:
- Steel Efficiency Review®: The Steel Efficiency Review® is a study of our customer’s business and steel processing flow so that we can identify areas of waste and efficiency improvements for their steel use. This is a complimentary service that costs nothing for our customers.
- Our processing services include a range of options, such as aluminium router cutting, laser cutting, and plate profiling. We also offer simple length-based cutting tube products. Speak to us today regarding your project requirements.
BlueScope Distribution Portland Industries
BlueScope Distribution Portland IndustriesThe team at BlueScope Distribution Portland supply steel to businesses throughout the Portland region. Our team provide customer service across several industries, including:
- Building: Building projects need access to quality sheet and coil steel products. BlueScope Distribution Portland distributes BlueScope manufactured COLORBOND® steel, ZINCALUME® steel, and XLERPLATE® steel, produced to relevant Australian Standards. The Portland team supplies steel plate products such as XLERPLATE® steel & TRU-SPEC® steel, as well as aluminium plate, aluminium sheet, aluminium coil and aluminium extrusion, steel sheet & coil, structural steel products, universal beams, universal columns, steel channel, steel angle, steel pipe and tubular products- painted and galvanised, rectangular hollow section (RHS), square hollow section (CHS).
- Construction: At BlueScope Distribution Portland, we support construction firms needing access to a wide range of steel and aluminium products and services, to meet project needs. Supplying a wide range of steel products for construction, including steel plate, universal beams, universal columns, welded beams, aluminium extrusions and sheet, steel channels, steel tube, steel bar, merchant bar, structural steel and reinforcing steel products. We can supply steel quickly when needed. Our team can offer project management assistance for future supply for construction and infrastructure projects to deliver steel products on time and in the form they’re required.
- Engineering: We know that customers in engineering need consistent quality steel with accurate tolerances, and a reliability of supply. We work with our customers’ teams to expose potential cost and time efficiencies, find bottlenecks, and make incremental changes which could translate into profit improvements for our engineering customers.
- Manufacturing: BlueScope Distribution Portland are your steel supply and aluminium supply experts, looking after manufacturing customers that deal in component work, general engineering, duct work, steel furniture, machinery, sheet metal work and electric components to name a few. We work meticulously with our manufacturing clients to deliver on their project requirements and identify options where we can offer steel processing services and supply steel products how you need them.
- Mining, Oil and Gas: BlueScope Distribution operates nationally, and our sales teams have supplied mining, oil and gas customers widely. We appreciate that companies in mining often face significant time and cost pressures. BlueScope Distribution Portland dedicates an account manager to each of our customers, allowing a single contact point for ease of business. We aim to become an invaluable source for technical information, project management, and a key supply partner, to deliver your project on time, and budget.
- Transport: BlueScope Distribution Portland understands the requirements of customers servicing the transport industry, including truck body manufacturers, defence, trailer manufacturers and after-market accessories and components. We endeavour to be the steel supply partner of choice for our transport and automotive clients and we continually look for ways to improve our service.
- Farming: BlueScope Distribution Portland work with our farming customers to provide high quality livestock handling equipment, that improves animal handling efficiencies and safety for the user and the animal. Our team supply the range of Metalcorp steel stock handling equipment and can help you build the yard you need. We also have a full range of tube products for building your own yards, and fencing products including wire and posts. Talk to us today about the range of Metalcorp stock handling systems such as SHEEPMASTER®, Metalcorp FLOCKMASTER®, Metalcorp CATTLEMASTER®, and Metalcorp CATTLEMASTER®.
- Home Improvement & Trades: If you have odd jobs and home improvement projects to tick off, talk to our team today. BlueScope Distribution Portland are here to help. As well as our steel range for handy jobs like retaining walls and mesh for concreting. We also supply the LYAGHT LIVING® products range and we can help you with your home improvement projects today.
Get in touch with BlueScope Distribution Portland today for more information.
*Disclaimer: get in contact with your local branch about processing as it may vary.