Your aluminium supplier
BlueScope Distribution is your convenient single-source aluminium supplier, processor and solutions provider. We specialise in providing a wide range of high-quality aluminium products from our carefully selected partner brands to businesses across Australia and internationally through our export division.
While providing quality aluminium products is our key focus, we also pride ourselves on offering in-house processing capabilities as well as a variety of value-add solutions to assist our customers. Our locally based aluminium teams are specialists in our product range and can advise customers on the best aluminium solutions for their end application.
We are a national aluminium supplier with an extensive network of branches across both metro and regional locations. We are also an international aluminium supplier, with representation in select overseas locations. Our BlueScope Distribution teams supply aluminium to a number of industries, including commercial building, marine, transport, defence and leisure.
Aluminium Plate & Treadplate
Aluminium Sheet & Coil
DNV certified aluminium products
BlueScope Distribution can supply customers with a range of DNV certified aluminium sheet and aluminium plate and aluminium extrusion products. Our teams have industry expertise and technical knowledge to provide aluminium product and processing solutions to customers seeking DNV certified materials for their ships, marine, transport, defence and specialised government projects.
Distribution member of the Australian Aluminium Council
BlueScope Distribution are proud to be a distribution member of the Australian Aluminium Council – the peak association representing the Australian aluminium industry. Our involvement with the Council enables our team to stay informed and provide our customers with the latest updates related to the aluminium products they use.
National supplier of aluminium
At BlueScope Distribution, we are suppliers of a full suite of aluminium products. We provide aluminium in sheet, coil, plate, treadplate and extrusion form in a variety of alloy and temper combinations and bright finishes. The aluminium products that we supply can be used across industries such as commercial building, marine, transport and leisure.
Aluminium sheet & coil suppliers
- Aluminium sheet products: We provide aluminium sheet in different grades for general purpose sheet metal applications as well as specialised uses such as marine applications that required increased corrosive resistance. You have the choice of paper interleaved, naked or PE (Polyethylene) protective film to suit any application
- Aluminium coil products: Our teams around Australia can provide customer with both mother coil or slit coil as required for applications including air conditioning, transport, marine, manufacturing, fabrication, agriculture and general industrial raw material and finished products.
Aluminium plate & treadplate suppliers
- Aluminium plate: BlueScope Distribution provides aluminium plate products that can be used in high strength structural applications, welded marine applications and road transport vehicles. Furthermore, our commodity plates can be used in a variety of general manufacturing and fabrication applications
- Aluminium treadplate: At BlueScope Distribution, we supply aluminium tread plate for a wide variety of applications including step treads, shop floors, marine foot traffic, and decorative bar fronts. Our range includes both 5052 O (5 Bar) mill finish tread pattern plate and 3003 H22 bright propellor plate in a range of gauges and dimensions.
Aluminium extrusion suppliers
- Aluminium extrusion: We sell a wide range of standard geometric, standard industry specific and customer exclusive aluminium extrusion shapes in a variety of alloy & temper combinations as well as finishes. Our range of standard geometric aluminum extrusion product profiles include flat bar, angle, channel, round bar, tee section, tube, oval, square hollow and rectangular hollow.
Aluminium supplier processing capabilities
BlueScope Distribution is more than an aluminium supplier. Our in-house teams provide customers with a number of aluminium processing services to ensure they get the products that they need in the correct specifications. Our in-house capabilities include aluminium routing, aluminium profile 3D prototyping, protection film application, and kitting.
Sheet, plate & treadplate aluminium processing services
- Aluminium routing: BlueScope Distribution can square or bevel cut aluminium into extremely complex shapes with precision, ease and accuracy. Our capability includes drilling and etching (otherwise known as marking) the product which helps with material use, assembly, and identification.
- Aluminium laser cutting: Our teams can arrange laser cutting serviced depending on customer needs.
- Aluminium slitting and shearing: BlueScope Distribution have the in-house ability to cut aluminium coil up to 4mm thick down to custom sheets sizes up to 6 metres in length. Slitting services are also available to cut coils into narrower sizes.
- Protection film: We offer the option of applying a temporary PE (Polyethylene) protective film to the aluminium to minimise quality risks, reduce product waste and improve processing efficiency.
Aluminium extrusion processing services
- Aluminium profile 3D prototyping: Our teams can test aluminium component designs by providing 3D prototypes produced from the drawings supplied by our customers.
- CNC precision product fabrication by machining: including square or bevel cutting, mill, shape drill, tap, notch, slot & punch, swage, knurl, digital print
- Bracket, corner stakes, connector cutting
- Square & mitre cutting
- Precision cut to length
- Extrusion routing
- Edge deburring
To learn more about our range of steel processing services, please visit our processing page.
Your aluminium supplier & partner
BlueScope Distribution is proud to deliver high quality aluminium to Australian and International partners. While providing aluminium is our key focus, we also work hard to add value to our customers’ businesses. We offer our customers a range of services that are designed to benefit their overall business operations, such as project management services, stock management strategies, forecasting solutions, kanban replenishment, and more.
- Kitting services: We can supply aluminium to our customers in kit form, in order to provide efficiencies for our customers when they are assembling the final aluminium products. Our kits can include value added services to multiple gauge, grade, dimensional sheet, plate and treadplate products, complemented by our aluminium standard and exclusive extrusions.
- Project management solutions: Our BlueScope Distribution teams are experienced in handling and processing aluminium coil products to suit the project requirements of our customers.
- Just-in-time delivery: Our teams help to ensure our clients projects are running smoothly by removing bottlenecks, reducing WIP, improving production efficiencies and coordinating the delivery of aluminium just-in-time.
- Stock management strategies: Our sales teams discuss and plan your holistic aluminium portfolio and tailor one or multiple strategies to suit your business needs.
- Forecasting support: BlueScope Distribution works with customers to help them better understand their purchasing trends, future requirements and project injections to smooth manufacturing processes and reduce bottlenecks.
- End-to-end supply chain: BlueScope Distribution offers customers end-to-end aluminium project management solutions to deliver personalised supply chain co-ordination.
- B2B integration: Our team can arrange business-to-business system integration requirements with customers, uncovering ways to manage system automated stock management solutions.
Industries we service
BlueScope Distribution is an Australian aluminium distributor and solutions provider. We are committed to supporting our customers through providing a comprehensive range of aluminium products combined with in-house processing capabilities and a wide range of value-add services. With branches in regional and metro Australia, we supply aluminium to thousands of businesses across the country and internationally spanning a wide range of industries.
The following are some examples of the key industries that we service. However, we can provide aluminium products to meet the requirements of customers across various other industries, with our national network of BlueScope Distribution branches each stocking a diverse and customisable stock portfolio. If you operate in an industry that is not listed below, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team to find out more about our product range.
BlueScope Distribution has a network of branches supplying aluminium Australia-wide. We work to provide you with quality steel and aluminium products matched with exceptional customer service.
We have metro branches in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide which service capital cities along with several strategically located regional branches. We also have the capability to service customers in the Northern Territory. Find your local branch here.